Pages

Thursday 21 August 2014

My high bar

The High Bar 3.3.00
WALT: Analyze surface features and the language usedThe authors describe the high bar in different ways by giving it human/animal like characteristics (personification and simile (using the words ‘as’ or ‘like’). List examples of these characteristics below.

The human or living characteristics of the high bar,  gravity, her legs.
Page
Copy the sentences from the story here.

17
The high bar is a DARK DEMON.

17
To small to reach the High bar.

18
Inpatient like a wild horse.

19
And the bar glows softly at her.


Using personification. Write a sentence personifying the items/objects listed below.
Object
Write your sentences below.
a netball or rugby ball being passed to you.
When my friend passed the Netball to me it hit my face.
a kayak
Today I was waiting for my turn on the kayak.
your netbook
I nearly broke my Netbook by dropping it but lucky it was in the cover
your shoes
I made a mess in the class because I didn’t take off my shoes.



Using simile. Write a sentence that describes these items/objects like something else.
Object
Write your sentences below.
the grass
Soft like a pillow.
a kayak
Is hard like a wood or a rock.
a pair of scissors
Is like a knife.
a pie
Yummy like a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.